RENTAL CONTRACT AND RULES
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. PST AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M. PST.
2. This is a NON SMOKING unit.
3. NO PETS are permitted in rental units under any conditions.
4. WE WILL NOT RENT to vacationing students or singles under 25 years of age unless accompanied by an adult guardian or parent, or approved in writing by the property owner.
5. RESERVATION DEPOSIT/SECURITY-DAMAGE DEPOSIT- $500 is required to reserve a property. As long as there is no cancellation the reservation deposit automatically converts to a security-damage deposit upon receipt of the total rent. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is refundable within (14) days of departure, provided the following provisions are met:
A. No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear, including but not limited to bedspreads, blankets, carpets, linens, towels, kitchen utensils, decorations, furniture, appliances, spa, and spa cover.
B. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
C. Inside and Outside of the property, all debris, rubbish and discards are placed in a trash container, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned. One load of bath towels and linens is started.
D. All keys are left on the kitchen counter and unit is left locked.
E. All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
F. NO Early check-in or late check-out.
G. The renter is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement, the security company employed by the Company.
6. PAYMENT – All balances of total rent are due prior to 60 days before your check-in date or by the due date in your confirmation (for bookings made less than 60 days prior to the check-in date). Your payments will be made as described in the Confirmation/Schedule of Payments. If the balance of the total rent is not received prior to 60 days before your check-in or by the due date in your confirmation, then your reservation will be cancelled and the cancellation rules in Section 7B will apply.
7. NOTICE OF CANCELLATION – Should you wish to cancel this reservation, notice of cancellation MUST BE SENT IN WRITING TO:
1171 S. Robertson Blvd #144 Los Angeles, CA 90035
A. CANCELLATIONS FOR RESERVATIONS MADE MORE THAN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE: We will refund all of the rent you have paid, less a 3% (of total rent received) cancellation fee (to pay for processing fees), provided that we can re-rent the property. If we are unable to re-rent the property at the same rate and for the same time period, you will forfeit half of the total rent, less the reservation/deposit, and you will be charged the 3% (of total rent received)
cancellation fee which will be deducted from the reservation/deposit.
B. CANCELLATIONS FOR RESERVATIONS MADE LESS THAN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE: We will refund all of the rent you have paid, less the $500 deposit, and charge a 5% (of total rent received) cancellation fee (to pay for processing fees and last minute advertising) provided that we can re-rent the property. If we are unable to re-rent the property at the same rate and for the same time period, you will forfeit the total rent amount, less the reservation/deposit, and be charged a 5% (of total rent received) cancellation fee which will be deducted from the reservation/deposit.
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of persons is limited to fifteen (15) occupants including all children. An additional charge or $10.00 per person per night for guests in addition to fifteen (15) will be assessed.
9. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE - While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
10. RATE CHANGES – Prior to a signed contract, rates subject to change without notice.
11. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS - Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
12. PARKING – 2 small garage space(s) is (are) provided.
13. SEVERE WEATHER POLICY - No refunds will be given unless:
A. The National Weather Service orders mandatory evacuation. The day that the National Weather Service orders a mandatory evacuation order, we will refund:
i. Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered,
ii. Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten their stay, to come in after the Mandatory evacuation order is lifted; and
iii. Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the Mandatory evacuation order period.
14. MANDATORY MAID SERVICE fee of $250 to be paid prior to check-in.
15. ASSIGNMENT/SUBLETTING: Tenant shall not sublet all or any part of premises, or assign or transfer this agreement or any interest in it, without prior written consent of landlord unless such consent it obtained, any assignment, transfer, or subletting of preemies or this agreement or tenancy by voluntary act of tenant, operation of law, or otherwise, shall be null and void and at the option of the landlord, terminate this agreement. Any proposed assignee, transferee, or sub lessee shall submit to landlord an application for landlord’s approval, and if approved, sign a separate written agreement with landlord and tenant. Landlord’s consent to any one assignment, transfer, or sublease, shall not be construed as consent to any subsequent assignment, transfer, or sublease and does not release tenant of tenant’s obligation under this agreement.
16. NO PARTIES are allowed (the definition of party is any gathering which has any visitors other than the occupants numbered above.) No excessive noise will be allowed after 10 pm to be determined by the neighbors. Keep in mind that the property is located in a No Drinking Zone for the outdoor area. No Kegs Allowed in any areas. The deck area in front of the house is situated on an easement and can be considered as public property according to law enforcement if any complaints are registered after 10 p.m. The upper outdoor areas can only be used until 10 p.m. No debris can be left in the outdoor areas. If the tenant and or occupants are found to be in violation they may be evicted and will be liable for any costs associated with the eviction incuding but not limited to the cost of a security company.
17. RULES FOR USE OF SPA. Some properties provide a spa. Tenants must clean themselves of any dirt or sand before entering the spa with the hose that is provided. It may not be used after 10 PM. There will a $75 charge to clean the spa if deemed necessary by the landlord.
18. HOLD HARMLESS. Landlord does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither do we accept liability for any inconvenience arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, electricity or plumbing or spa usage. Nor will YBYC INC accept liability for any loss or damage caused by weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control.
19. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS - Any exceptions to this Rental Agreement must be approved in writing in advance.
Tenant (printed name): ________________
Tenant (sign here): x______________________________ Date: ___________
(Signature confirms tenant understands and agrees with all terms and conditions of this agreement.)
Landlord: YBYC INC Date: ____________
All electronic documents are legal and binding.